Benefits of Physical Activity
A task-specific kit that includes professional background, mapping and training tools, signposts, and contents designed for printing or distribution through social and organizational networks
Physical Activity at Any Age
Israel joined the international organization AHK (Active Healthy Kids) and prepared a comprehensive report on physical activity among children. What grade did Israel get? What did the forum recommend?
Physical activity during early childhood is crucial for the future development and health of our children. Where to begin and what activities are recommended for infants? The answers are here.
Now it's also scientific: If there are recreational trails, parkland and open spaces in your area, your chances of being active and healthy are greater!
5 Things you should know Being Active
- Regular physical activity reduces the risk of hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, and more, and improves your wellbeing.
- The recommended weekly activity duration as of the age of 18 and onwards: 150 minutes at a medium intensity or 75 minutes high intensity, or a combination of the two.
- Integrating activity into everyday life is worthwhile: replacing the elevator with the stairs; the car ride with walking or riding a bike.
- Physical activity may improve social skills and build self-confidence; it contributes to the improvement of academic achievements in kids and teenagers.
- Physical activity at an older age helps, among other things, to strengthen the muscles and the bones, to improve your wellbeing, flexibility, and cardiovascular function and to reduce the risk of falling.