Physical activity is also a great way to spend time - not in front of screens.
Quarantine for few days and certainly, a one that lasts two weeks can significantly alter our daily routine. Quarantine may face us with further challenges, resulting from lack of sufficient movement: reduction in activity level, gaining weight, and along those - increased incidence of phenomena such as depression, anxiety and stress.
So, that is the time to wear sportswear and to ventilate the room - in the following links, you can find ideas and resources that we have clustered for you, that are suitable both for kids and adults, or shortly - we invite you to move:
Activities for the whole family
- Physical activity at home - Ministry of Education (Hebrew) - presentation with a wide variety of different physical activities - aerobic, strength, stretching and relaxation for kids, teenagers and adults.
- Old times games - active and healthy games: 60 ideas to get moving with kids at home, to tell them what you played when you were their age.
- Common dancing in front of beloved songs - preferable, especially bouncy songs.
- Video: home exercises (in Hebrew)
- Video: workout facing the wall (in Hebrew)
Recommended activity for older ages
- Work long hours in front of the computer at home? Here are some examples of exercises and stretching (Hebrew) that you should do.
- Exercises that can be done while sitting to improve balance and fitness.
- Exercises that can be done while standing to improve balance and fitness.
- Videos of physical activity for the elderly in English
- Video: exercising in the golden years (in Hebrew)
- Video: sitting exercising (in Hebrew)
- Video: moving the body (in Hebrew)
- Video: exercising in isolation - part I (in Hebrew)
- Video: exercising in isolation - part II (in Hebrew)
More on healthy coping in the Ministry of Health’s website