Don't Feel Uncomfortable - Serve Water
The Nutritional Rainbow
Eating Efsharibari according to the Ministry of Health's national nutritional recommendations
Why You Should Eat Healthy
Europe wants a healthier future: A new UN Action Plan works toward healthier nutrition
Buy Healthy Food
Mahane Yehuda is the first market in Israel to place green symbols in hundreds of businesses and stores
How the ingredient list and nutrition labels can help us better understand what goes into the shopping cart – and choose healthier
5 Things you should know Eat Healthy
- Healthy nutrition starts even before we enter our home: during the grocery shopping, we read the nutritional values labeling, compare, and choose the healthier options in the category.
- Not all fats are the same: it is preferable to consume plant fats, such as olive or canola oil, avocado, tahini, or raw nuts and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin). Consumption of saturated fats of animal origin should be reduced (fatty meat and dairy products) and hardened plant fats (such as margarine for example) that are found in many processed food products (cakes and cookies, snacks, baked filled pastries and the like).
- Integrating fresh vegetables and fruits will enrich the daily meals with naturally occurring nutritional ingredients such as minerals, vitamins, dietary fibers and antioxidants.
- In order to consume less sodium (the main mineral found in table salt) and processed soup powders - herbs and spices, onion, garlic and fresh or dried herbs can be used. The result is just as tasty and far healthier.
- Juices, yes – even natural, contain substantial amounts of sugar. It is preferable to drink water, and if you want to diversify and add some flavor and color – use mint, slices of orange, apple, lemon and even cucumber.