500 grams peeled and cubed pumpkin
300 grams (=2 ½ cups) whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
115 grams (=a little over ½ cup) sugar
2 medium eggs
125 ml (=half a measuring cup) canola oil
1.5% fat yogurt tub (200 ml)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Steam the pumpkin until soft. Strain and mash. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and the sugar. Mix the eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla separately.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients together with the pumpkin. Stir. Do not over stir.
- Portion the mass into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Take it out of the oven, chill and remove from the tin.