Sensible Use of Screen Time
Things that are important to know on about the dangers of an the online cyber world and social media
Unstressed and Healthy
Work related stress is a common characteristic of working in the modern world. What is stress and what can be done to prevent it and reduce its negative effects?
How do we recognize negative feelings and thoughts among children and teens on time, and how do we better cope with them?
UK: Despite Statutory Restrictions, Unhealthy Foods Still Take Center Stage in Advertising for Children
A study that explored the scope of food advertising for children on UK television found that advertisements for fast food chains were quite common
The majority of smokers try to quit smoking on their own without any professional support, but most are unable to do so permanently
Electronic cigarettes and new products in the smoking market - a seemingly innocent gadget brings new smokers
For personal and professional smoking cessation counselling call *6800
5 Things you should know Well Being
- Insufficient sleep may harm our physical and mental health and a correlation between sleep deprivation and obesity has even been found; lack of sleep causes weight gain, since it slows down the metabolism, and it intensifies the sensation of hunger
- Want the children to eat healthier? Don't try so hard! The children very justifiably assume that you would not have to invest so much effort in convincing had the food been tasty.
- Children who skip the main meals of the day (morning, lunch and evening) are at an increased risk for developing diseases associated with obesity, and diseases that are caused by it, such as heart diseases, vascular diseases and diabetes.
- Multiple studies have found that children do not know how to relate to advertising messages critically, and at a young age, do not know how to distinguish content from an advertisement. Because of that, many countries in the world have restricted advertising and marketing options for harmful food to children and teenagers.
- In Britain, the US, and Australia, it has been found that the vast majority of commercials on TV that market food products for children had products classified as harmful food.